Information about crete
Climate: The climate of Crete is warm and sunny all year with few rains from Oct. - April During the summer, average temperatures are in the range of 25 to 35 degrees Celsius and is considered as one of the healthiest and pleasing in Europe.
Cities: Crete is divided in 4 prefectures with 5 big cities (from west to east).
- Chania (56.000 residents in Chania city),
- Rethymno (33.000 res. in Rethymnon city),
- Heraklion (173.000 res. in Heraklion city),
- Lasithi (19.000 res. in Ag Nikolaos, 23.000 in Ierapetra and 7.000 res in Sitia city)
History: The history of Crete is rich and starts from Minoan Culture (the oldest in Europe) at the Season of Copper (2600-1100 bc). The palaces of Knossos, Faistos and the Minoan museum are open with very interesting sight seeings. History continuous at roman, Byzantine and earlier years with many Monasteries .
Why Crete ?
- Cretans are considered friendly with ancient rooted hospitality customs. People who relocate in Crete feel at home immediately.
- The island offers unlimited sun and beaches with crystal blue waters, awarded with 96 blue flags for the year 2010.
- The landscape offers a wide diverse of natural resources with high mountains, gorges and natural walking paths throughout the whole island.
- Thousands of people have already chosen Crete for their second home place, and live in Crete the whole time, due to the island's excellent climatic conditions.
- Enjoy the fine products of Cretan land and the world famous Mediterranean diet. One of the factors that made traditional Cretans the longest living people of the world. Studies have shown that 2 traditional Cretan red wines have the highest concentrations of resveratrol, a substance proven to fight cancer, aging and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease and heart attacks.
- Its competitive advantages have made Crete one most attractive high quality tourist destinations in the Mediterranean with steadily rising tourism and economy. A property in Crete is both a dream and an investment.
- Looking for more info about Crete ? Contact us for more information.
|Created by |